Old forum > Fetcheveryone.com

I notice that as a club you aren't huge users of this site, true there are some naff bits like the obsession with Pose running in the forums and the blogging by people who have to tell the world that they have just changed their socks but the pure running bit is actually excellent and has a million features. I won't "out" Croups members who are on there but Tim's profile always make me laugh.

Here are a couple of examples of people on there who I will "out"
A proper runner's info (Click Me) a man of few words.
A plodding amateur's info (Click Me)

To get the full effect you need to register which is free and painless.

October 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM | Unregistered CommenterDominic

He is claiming the downhill half marathon as his PB!! SHOCKING!!!!!!!!

October 9, 2009 at 11:07 PM | Unregistered CommenterStuart C

Yes on UK Athleticsdata/Power of 10 it is classed as "HMDH" :-) Still 13.1 miles though and downhill running is almost the entire skill of fell running . . .

October 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterDominic

No way would I claim that as my pb. It's easy, the gravity does the work. Great fun!! Mind you the last 3 miles are pretty hard

October 10, 2009 at 12:42 PM | Unregistered CommenterStuart C

The site doesn't really work like that, every race has a definition page, like the Gwent League tomorrow (which you will need to register to see)
Gwent League Bridgend (Click Me)

and you put your time in, the site works out season's best, PB etc, there is a way you can tell the race setup that it is not a PB race but many people would be upset with that so a road half marathon will always be a PB contender regardless of difficulty.

October 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM | Unregistered CommenterDominic

Downhill running is ALMOST the entire skill of fell running Dominic. The rest is esoteric kit selection from a vast array of washed out and fairly whiffy kit, coupled with the ability to grind uphill while maintaining a 1000 yard stare (as used by SAS men on manouevers). Sadly I've mastered the former and not the latter.

Love the first profile. Give nothing away I reckon.

Nice to see such a tremendous turn out today.

October 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM | Unregistered CommenterSimon

as this is a new sight it might take a while for people to put this sight on there "favorites". people may be looking and not commenting. they may say something controvesial (or worried about there spelling) they might start ranting and raving about things nobodies really intrested, thats got nothing to do with running.then there's time to go through all this. i so far just go to the forum which takes a few hours to go through.then we have to go to the "links"you put up. spend another couple hours reading there sights. befiore long you havn't got time to go out for a run.
p.s. I've discovered i've got to carry a board on a pole as a pacer in the cardiff half. the last time i had a go at this i carried a welsh flag at new york marathon i got just over a mile then chucked it. there that m6y rant

October 17, 2009 at 11:46 AM | Unregistered Commenteralan mann