Old forum > 50 and 60 Minute Pacers Wanted For Swansea 10K

I hope this type of post isn't unwelcome, if so, please delete it and ban me or something . . . . but

50 and 60 Minute Pacers Wanted For Swansea 10K

I'd do it again like a shot but I've already entered as a runner, if anyone fancies running it as a 50 or 60 minute pacer and wearing a lovely vest like mine then please get in touch with me or Moti ASAP.
Obviously you won't have to pay anything and will be reimbursed for travel etc.

September 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM | Unregistered CommenterDominic Shields

Dom, do they still need pacers? As I've lost speed and not performing at my best I am tempted to act as a 50 min pacer.
Though the real reason is to look as fetching as you did in your pacer's vest in Cardiff ;-)

September 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM | Unregistered CommenterMatt

Hi Dom,

I have entered as a runner but if you need pacers in future events I would be keen to help out.

All the best,

Liz

September 23, 2009 at 2:01 PM | Unregistered CommenterLiz Ashton

Well the slightly disturbing thing initially in that vest was the number of people who didn't recognise me because I wasn't in Navy Blue.

I will be speaking to Graham of Moti tomorrow as so far I have rustled up Abyd of Penarth and Dinas and Wendy, Alistair and Phil B from San Dom, I will certainly add your name Matt as he was hoping to have 8 pacers at Cardiff 10K, 4 of whom actually turned up. Not unsurprisingly three of the people above want to do 50 minutes, if he has enough maybe 45 or 55 too I will suggest.

Thanks Liz, I'll mention you to Graham.

September 24, 2009 at 12:28 AM | Unregistered CommenterDominic

Matt, I spoke to Graham, he's keen for you to pace, he did say he might turn up at the parkrun but if you give me your contact details later (annoyingly I don't have a copy of the parkrun mailing list with me or I'd email you direct).

I don't have any big issues with making my email address public, but I know it worries other people - so I won't.

September 24, 2009 at 9:46 AM | Unregistered CommenterDominic

Thanks to Nick and Matt for pacing today, new PBs as pacers I think.

September 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterDominic

Matt apologies for my indiscretion today...

September 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM | Unregistered CommenterWendyO

@ Dom - Very funny :-)
@Wendy - You brought a little joy into my dull life.

September 28, 2009 at 8:21 AM | Unregistered CommenterMatt