Old forum > Fresh blood !

We seem to have loads of new members at the moment - great news !!! Testimony no doubt to the hard work of Phil and others, the Park Run, organised training sessions, popularity of running in Cardiff, improved communication, even HOT showers now (!) etc etc. Not bad for £20 a year.

However, seems like ages since we had a 'vest presentation'- ie formally welcoming a new member (them having done the 3 pre-requisite races) by giving them their club vest on a Thursday night. I recall my own presentation (from the Rev Saint Michael of McGeogh) with pride and rose tinted tears...

Has this ritual changed ? Apologies if it hasn't and I just haven't been paying attention (quite possible !).

PS Congrats to Shayne for getting Mug of The Month last night. And bext of luck to everyone running Berlin...

September 18, 2009 at 1:40 PM | Unregistered CommenterTim

I agree Tim. This ritual seems to have gone into decline. Perhaps for very practical reasons given the number of new members we seem to be attracting? Anyway, I'm sure it does help new members to feel part of the family. Also, it helps the rest of us put a name to a face.

September 19, 2009 at 7:58 AM | Unregistered CommenterGraeme

The new showers are HOT, in fact too hot. In fact soon we won't need a Club vest just a green stripe painted on over our scalded bodies.

September 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM | Unregistered CommenterMatt

So two options: "Painting green stripe on scoulded body" OR "Present vest and kiss by Phil/Mick/John"

Its a tough call. I think we should seek the views of our new members...

September 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM | Unregistered CommenterTim