Old forum > 2 x Abingdon Marathon Place Available

Neither Kel nor I will now be able to run in the Abingdon Marathon on October 18th.

The organisers are happy that entries can be transfered to other people up to mid September. Is anyone interested in taking up either or both of the places before we offer them on the Runners World forum?

David and Kel

August 25, 2009 at 12:25 PM | Unregistered CommenterDavid McDonald / Kel Portelli

I'm tempted but I need until the end of the week to decide. If someone else wants a place before then, please go ahead and accept their request.
Mike Davies

August 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Hi Mike - no probs (no-one else has volunteered yet!). Have checked with the organisers and they will allow transfes 'until the race packs are sent out towards the end of September provided that all details are e-mailed to Tracey Prior at pptp@waitrose.com beforehand' - so plenty of time for you to decide,

David..

September 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM | Unregistered CommenterDavid McDonald

Hi Dave/Kel
If one of those places is still going I would be very interested.
DaveH

September 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Headon

HI Dave - the web site now say “Number swaps will not be possible after 15th September. We will then be organising timing chips and race packs and no further changes will be made to numbers.” I'll call them and see if they'll do it anyway - it's not as if we're in different parts of the country or anything - I'm more than happy for them to send race nunbers / packs etc to my house and I can pass them on to you as long as they've updated the registration in your name.

I'll let you know,

David.

September 24, 2009 at 7:18 AM | Unregistered CommenterDavid McDonald

Cheers David
DaveH

September 24, 2009 at 9:14 AM | Unregistered CommenterDaveH

Hi Dave - YOU'RE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The organisers have confirmed that they are willingto make the swap.

Can you let me know your date of birth and they'll switch the registration.

September 25, 2009 at 7:51 AM | Unregistered CommenterDavid McDonald

27/04/60
Thanks David thats great news.
If ther are any other details you need please let me know.
DaveH

September 25, 2009 at 8:33 AM | Unregistered CommenterDaveH

DaveH - Don't strut across the line like you were having a walk in the park this time. You did look cool though...

September 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM | Unregistered CommenterStuart C

I am hoping to run all the way this time and leave the looking cool to someone else.As far as strutting is concerned I will leave that to you 2.35 !!!

September 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM | Unregistered CommenterDaveH