Old forum > The riots - one year on

Last August bank holiday, a number of us went over to the Preselis in West Wales and ran the Ras Beca hill race. Its a short one (only five miles) but run entirely through a bog and over a hill, so quite lively running. Good fun was had by all, we won a stack of trophies and drank some local ciders afterwards.

Details for this year here: http://www.rasbeca.com/Pages/default.aspx. I'm heading back next weekend to run again and return the Men's team trophy. If anyone fancies having a go at winning it back, we'll need four to count. Likewise, if you can't make it but need to return a trophy (i remember there were quite a few!) give me a shout. I know Clare J has already sent hers back, but there may be some more.

Andrew

August 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterAndrew Davidson

Hi Andrew

I could be tempted by this and am free this weekend. Do you travel down and back on the day? Would I be able to get a lift with you? I probably wont be fast enough to help win trophies but sounds like a fun race in a part of the world I have not yet been to.

August 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM | Unregistered CommenterDaniel VandenBurg

I must agree with Andrew, this is a fantastic event. If you like hills and mud- this is your one. Very competitive at the front end too, there were some superb runners there.
Before the main race are numerous shorter races for the kiddies, well worth watching them go out clean and reappear covered in mud.
Race organisers and marshals all very helpful and chirpy, even at the top of the 'hill'.

August 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM | Unregistered CommenterSasha Macken

Hi Daniel

I'm already going to be in Pembs for the weekend and doing the run whilst I'm in the area, so wont be able to offer lifts I'm afraid. Hope to see you there.

Andrew

August 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM | Unregistered CommenterAndrew Davidson