Old forum > Ponty ReverseĀ 10

Good evening,

I'm considering whether or not to run the Ponty Reverse 10 on Sunday. I haven't run 10 miles for several weeks. I think I should be ok but concerned about the dreaded "hills" I'm sure someone out there could give me some honest feedback (please)?

Are there many others doing the race?

Carol
aka "new club member"!

August 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM | Unregistered CommenterCarol Rees

It's mostly pretty flat to be honest. There is a reasonably knackering climb at about 5-6 miles, but that's it. If you can manage the club summer 10 you'll be fine.

August 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hopkins

Thanks Matt, I think I'll give it a go!

August 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM | Unregistered CommenterCarol Rees

Terrific one, two for Les Croupiers at the Reverse 10:
Oliver Williams - first
Stuart Crees - second.
Full results to follow.

August 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Any sign of formal results for this race?

August 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM | Unregistered Commenteramanda thompson

All quiet on the Ponty Roadents website.

August 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Reverse 10 -

Results

August 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM | Unregistered CommenterMaldwyn

Hi all

I was wondering why this race is called the "reverse 10" can anyone answer this for me?

Daniel

August 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM | Unregistered CommenterDaniel VandenBurg

I can. One year the mile markers were put up in the wrong order but nobody notice until it was too late. But because a lot of runners said they preferred the numbers that way they carried on with it. It does make the race in away easier, what you could call reverse psychology. So knowing that you have passed the 10 mile maker and got 9 to do is easier then passing the 1 mile marker and knowing you got 9 to do. I use this technique when doing long races such marathons when passing the half way point. It make the second a lot easier. I also use in circuit classes when doing things like 20 squat thrusts, I count to 10 and then from 10 down. I feel less tried and it makes the exercise easier.

August 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM | Unregistered CommenterTracey Newman

I believe it's called the Reverse 10 because in it's inaugral year they ran it in the wrong direction and the name stuck. It's also a different course now. Tina.

August 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterTina Rossiter

I think your correct Tina . I remember running up power station hill thinking nobody mentioned this beast. Then spotting the back of a number which was mile 9 !!. a marshal sent us the wrong way at the end of the main rd through Treforest trading estate . A great race wad born!!

August 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM | Unregistered Commenters b Lewis