Old forum > Swansea 10k regsration problems

I have been trying to register for the Swansea 10k but it keeps telling me that my name and address do not match my registration number. I have tried to get hold of Welsh Athletics but I only get an answer phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any other way to register? The only form I have found is on British Athletics. Is it worth ringing the organizers?

August 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM | Unregistered CommenterTracey Newman

Hi Tracey. Yes, I had the same problem. I just registered as an unaffiliated runner - I think theres just £2 in the difference. You'll probably spend more than that on the phone bill trying to get through to them!

August 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM | Unregistered CommenterAine Kenny

I throught of that but then you can't be counted in the welsh champs and the point of being a club member is to being able to get race discounts.

August 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM | Unregistered CommenterTracey Newman

Ah ok. I don't think I qualify for the Welsh champs anyways as you need to be a resident in Wales for at least 3 years (I'm sure I read that somewhere before)

August 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterAine Kenny

hold fire Tracey, I will see if I can transfer my entry to you. The event is run by Swansea Council's Special Events unit, so they are the ones to contact. They won't give me refund, nor defer place to next year.

August 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM | Unregistered Commenteramanda thompson

I have spoken to the organiser about this and apparently it had to do with runbritain not having up to date records from welsh athletics. They are going to get in touch with runbritain and try to get it sorted. I hope to get a call back tomorrow so will post info here once I have it.

August 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM | Unregistered CommenterAl jones

I've spoken to Swansea Council's special events team who say transfer is not possible (nor is refund or deferal of places) due to Welsh Athletic rules.

So I've checked this with Welsh Athletics and this is not true. The decision is the race organisers. Either way, sorry but I cannot transfer my place to anyone else. I presume Swansea Council just doesn't want the admin work.

August 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM | Unregistered CommenterAmanda Thompson