Old forum > Cardiff Pentath~Run CPR 2013

Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th August 2013

ARE YOU UP FOR A CHALLENGE ??

So what is it?

Another new event for 2012 that will be returning in 2013 (a test run was held in 2011), Cardiff Pentath~Run (CPR) is a Marathon (42.2Km) challenge over 2 days; you take part in 5 events over the 2 days with the Result based on Cumulative Time over the 5 event
Start time

PLEASE BE AT THE START OF parkrun FOR 8.30am TO PICK UP YOUR NUMBERS AND RACE PACK ....
DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR PINS AND BARCODE

Day 1
9.00am parkrun (5 Km)

12.30pm 10 Km (10 Km)

4.30pm Cross Country (4.5 Km)

Day 2
9.00am Half Marathon (21.1 Km)

1.00pm 1 mile (1.6 Km)

All entrants will receive a Runners Pack, this will include maps and details of all the routes, each runner will be responsible for knowing the routes.

Entry Fees: £15 Entrants must be 18 years or older on the 24th August 2013
ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO 100 ~ YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COVER THE HALF MARATHON DISTANCE IN UNDER 2:30

Closing Date for Postal Entries : Wednesday 21st August 2013
Cheques payable to : Les Croupiers Running Club
Send entries to : Entries, 203 Edward England Wharf, Lloyd George Avenue, Cardiff CF10 4QL

Prize List: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male & Female + Age Group Winners (F35, F45,F55, M40, M50, M60)

Race HQ and Late Registration:
Due to the nature of the event moving around, these will be located at the Start/Finish of each individual event.

We will be doing a BBQ over the weekend as well, it will take place on the Saturday evening after the Cross Country.

Further details can be found at
http://www.cardiffrunningevents.org/cpr---2-day-challenge.php

If anyone can help out Volunteering/Marshalling/First Aid that would be great, could you please let me know.

August 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Cook

Hi Phil. Let me know if you would like me and Mrs H to cover the First Aid for the weekend. We both have full cover and we are available if needed.

August 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterDave hodges

Phil as mentioned on FB page, I am at your disposal for the weekend.

August 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM | Unregistered CommenterAi-Lin 'Missing-in- Action' Kee

Phil. I can help over the weekend.

August 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM | Unregistered CommenterAnnie Conroy

Hi Phil,
I'm going to run Park Run but put me down to marshal all of the other events. Was going to attempt the 10k but might still be doing it in October...
Liz

August 18, 2013 at 4:28 AM | Unregistered CommenterLiz Kirwan

Available to help. Matt T too though can he run the HM?

August 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM | Unregistered Commenteramanda thompson

I can help , all bar the 1 mile race Phil.

August 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve B Lewis

Amanda's post should read Matt H btw and I would want to run the hm

August 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hurford

Im interested in running this if places are left but had a question. Where do the races start from? I dont drive so am concerned about getting to all the starts.

August 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM | Unregistered CommenterDaniel VandenBurg

The 5k is during parkrun so starts on the Taff Trail by Tesco extra on Western Ave. The 10k starts by the Riding School in Pontcanna Fields. The XC is in Llandaff Fields opposite the Rugby Club. The Half Marathon starts by the Changing Rooms in Pontcanna Fields, and the 1 mile starts by Blackweir Changing Rooms.

August 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Cook

Hi Phil,
I've filled in my entry form and will bring it to the rep session this evening along with cash if that's okay.

August 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Hitchen

The information about the events, race routes and maps can be found on Phil's Cardiff Running Events website, here

http://www.cardiffrunningevents.org/cpr---2-day-challenge.php

August 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM | Unregistered CommenterAmanda Thompson

Hi phil I will run parkrun then help out for the duration on day one of the CPR.

August 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM | Unregistered Commenternick dukes

I might not be able to help Phil but if I turn up I will.

August 20, 2013 at 10:21 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hurford

I can help out Sunday AM at the 1/2 marathon race

August 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM | Unregistered CommenterAndrew Blair

I can mashal all events except for the 10k.

August 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM | Unregistered CommenterLiz Kirwan

Is it still possible to enter?

August 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM | Unregistered CommenterCalum Vennard

Yes if you bring it along to parkrun in the morning

August 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Cook

Big thanks to everyone who's made today such a 'pleasure'. All the marshalls and supporters who have been so encouraging and of course to Phil and his helpers for organising everything. Let's hope the weather stays good for tomorrow!

August 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Hitchen

I really enjoy marshaling this event. well done to all you runners after day 1. guess you have all been having your ICE Baths . Good luck for tomorrow .

August 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Lewis

Just had a look at the results. What a great competition. Well done to everyone who took part, and thanks and congratulations to Phil and everyone who helped. I find this a fascinating concept and the individual times in each event show how keen the completion was.
Unfortunately about 20 years too late for me, but not too late for me to appreciate the effort involved. Well done everyone!

August 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch