Old forum > Salisbury 5 4 3 2 1┬áMarathon

Congratulations to Jen Salter and Rory Coleman on their performances at today's Salisbury 5 4 3 2 1 Off Road Marathon.
Jen was 11th overall in 3:44:04 (2nd lady) and Rory 54th overall in 4:34:05 (7th Over 50). 135 finishers.
Seeing as I am a boring road runner who would race down the M4 if I had to (probably explains the Barry 40 mentality) I have no idea as to whether those times are good, bad or indifferent, but seeing as Jen won Cardiff parkrun yesterday and Rory ran a parkrun PB, I hope you were both pleased.
Looking forward to racing at Abingdon with you both in October, which may seem boring to you, but will simply feel like a long way to me.

August 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch

Great results from Rory and Jen - it was a hot day and the course was undulating with a mixture of road, chalk hills, cornfields and trails. A brilliant event with 50k, 42k, 30k, 20k and 10k options.

Considering it's a 2.5 hour/100-mile drive from Cardiff a reasonable South Wales turn-out with representatives from Fairwater, Islwyn and San Dom, (me) as well as the Croups.

Chatted to a few people on the way around the 50k who'd done the Castles - everyone had nothing but praise for it...

August 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM | Unregistered CommenterGuy Mawson (San Dom)