Old forum > SSAFA this Wednesday

This Wednesday is the last of this year's SSAFA 5km series. You may remember in May Martin Rees broke the M60 world record with 16:17. He tried to beat that in the June event, but just missed with 16:22.
What you may not know is that last Wednesday at Gloucester he revised the mark again (World best number 6) with 16:14.
And he'll be shooting for record number 7 this Wednesday.
So - do any of you youngsters think you can beat him?
Only one way to find out.............................

July 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch

Don't think so Mick but I'll still be there. By the way, where did you get your SAFFA vest from? Can anyone get one?

July 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterTracey Newman

I guess that must include you as well then Mick

July 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM | Unregistered CommenterJerome Edwards

Flattery will get you everywhere, guys.
Jerome thinks I'm a youngster and Tracey thinks I'm a style icon. You're in a minority of one, Tracey.

July 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch

Tracey, SSAFA is one of the main forces charities and does great work. Google them and see. Or, speak to Graham FIinlayson after the race. This is a great charity to support and if a few Croups were to run their next sponsored race for them, that would be brilliant. Particularly if any monies raised went back in through Graham and the local SSAFA branch.

July 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM | Unregistered CommenterPeter Kellam

Well done to Jerome who won this race.
Martin missed beating his current record by only 1 second. He came second in this race behind Jerome, and also took the overall series prize.
Ed Donovan won 2nd overall series prize. Phil came 3rd in this race and also took the M40 series prize.

Our first Croups lady home was Aine Kenny. Tracey Newman took series prize for W40 and Kim Williams for W50.

Lots of good running by Croups as usual. A storming PB for Michael Elliston.

July 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM | Unregistered CommenterAmanda Thompson

....................and a big thank you to Derek for doing the results.
You could be forgiven for thinking it was our promotion.

July 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch