Old forum > Welsh Masters' Track and Field

Sorry but I am unable to compete on Wednesday, 24th July 2013. Can we retain the gnome?

Welsh Masters Track & Field 2013

Newport(Spytty Stadium) 24th July

Events are:
7.00pm 800m
7.20pm 200m
7.50pm 1500m
8.20pm 100m
8.40pm 4x400m
one age group

8.40pm 4 x 400m one age group

6.30pm Javelin Ladies
6:30pm Shot Men
6:30pm High Jump
7:30pm Javelin Men
7:30pm Shot Ladies
7:30pm Triple Jump

Guests can compete. You will need to register by 18:30.

July 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

I will be there and Norman will tag along in the hope we win him back!! I know I spoke to some of the other women that are planning to come and anyone else that wants you are more than welcome too! It is a great evening and if we can get more runners there that would be fantastic as every point counts.

July 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

I'll be there. Choosing races carefully this time to avoid last years humiliation!
Also, I might give the high jump a go, lol!!!

July 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM | Unregistered CommenterNicky (no longer Numpty) Mcwilliam

Good luck Nicky. Take care.

Sounds as if we will have good representation in the ladies' competition.

The Port Talbot team will have to work hard to wrestle the Gnome off us.

July 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

I will be there too. But no jumping or throwing, now that would be humiliation lol. Just the 1500m !!

July 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Coker

A small group of Les Croups members travelled to the Inter Area Track and Field Championships to represent Wales Masters at Solihull on Sunday. Surprisingly conditions were overcast and certainly cooler than they have been in South Wales recently.

Official results will be published soon but congratulations must go to Eirian Arwyn, Jo Tucker, Tracy Newman, Mel James, Mal Farnham and Mike Davies for gaining their international vests.

July 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Well done to the les croups ladies who retained the gnome. It was a great evening for the women as we won quite a few events. Well done to Jo Tucker, Jane Coker, Nicky McWilliam, Michelle Rivett and Eirian Arwyn, and i also ran. However the men were kind of lacking in numbers with Paul Coker and Kevin Jones being our only representatives. This is a great event so hopefully more people will be there for the final fixture in Brecon on August 21st

July 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

Hope to be with you at Brecon on the 21st August and see if the men can challenge the ladies and Port Talbot for the The Gnome.
Congratulations to all those who took part .....and looking forward to seeing the results.

Results seem to be complete mystery from any of the events but the first. Are they available on any club site (temporarily)?

July 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

The results are on the Welsh masters website now Mike

July 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

Final fixture of the Welsh Masters track and field at Brecon on Wednesday, 21st August, 18:30.

A chance to get the knees up and consolidate those recent PB.

Who's interested? Guests(Under 35) can compete.

The Ladies' team is carrying the flag at the moment.

Lifts to be arranged.

Events:
6:30 PV, Shot ladies, Hammer Men
7:00 400m
7:20 3000m
7:30 L Jump, Shot Men, Hammer Ladies
7:50 100m
8:20 800m
8:50 Relay

August 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Myself and Norman will be there. Come on ladies (and men) this is a great event and would be fantastic if we get a big number out for this. Hopefully we can retain the gnome!! If anyone is interested perhaps we can lift share?

August 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

Thanks to the alcohol and my lack of will power at James' birthday party I've agreed to go along - am happy to lift share although I won't be able to leave work until 1630. TIna.

August 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM | Unregistered CommenterTina Rossiter

I'm keen to run a 3000m, but would not want to take somebody else's place in the team. Very happy to run as a guest.

August 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM | Unregistered CommenterHuw Evans

Huw, there are no chosen team members. Please feel free to run.

August 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM | Unregistered CommenterMel James

Thanks, Mel, that's good to know. Do they award points for the first athlete from each club across the line then? 90% sure that I will run, although not confirmed with my wife yet. However, I have suggested a day out in Brecon on Wednesday! Please forgive me if I don't make it if it is windy. If I come I want a decent performance and I need good weather for that having only set foot on a track once since July 2011!

August 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM | Unregistered CommenterHuw Evans

There are two competitions Huw. Every individual WMAA member scores in their age group in the M35, M50, M60 or W35, W50/M80 divisions for the shields. The two highest scorers from each club in each category count towards the evening total for the two gender cups. Clubs then carry that evening place score forward towards the season total. Newport will almost certainly retain the men's cup while Les Croupiers Ladies need only finish in the first six clubs to retain the women's cup. Scores range from 24 points for first place to 1 for the twelfth and subsequent places.
Non members participate as guests.
There is also a relay challenge for male only and female only teams from the Les Croupiers and Port Talbot clubs. Les Croupiers Ladies have held Norman G Nome since the first meeting of the season.

August 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterEirian Arwyn

Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday, Huw.

August 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Michelle and I intend to be at this last Welsh Masters evening for 2013.

August 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterKevin Jones

Excellent news Kevin. See you both tomorrow.

August 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

If any one needs a lift, meet at Taffs Well Station, 17:15.

August 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Without counting the scores I am confident that Les Croupiers Ladies has won the League meeting again tonight. Claire Beatty won the W35 3000m and there were also contributions in that age group from Michelle Rivett and Joanne Tucker. Tina Rossiter made her debut in the W50/M80 400m and also ran the 100m. Eirian also scored.
The 4*200m relay team of Eirian, Jo, Michelle and Claire kept Norman G Nome.
For the men Mike Davies, Mel James and Mal Farnham competed in the M60 group and Huw Evans won the M35 3000m. Ollie Williams took part as a guest in some high quality races. Good to see him there.

August 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM | Unregistered CommenterEirian Arwyn

Excellent night's racing - slight breeze but the rain kept off. Results to follow but .... unofficially- Huw Evans - 9:20 ish (3000m), Claire Beatty - 11:10 SB (3000m), Kevin Jones 11:29 (30000m)..... Impressive form from Oli Williams in the 100m.......
Spikes needed for next season......
Congratulations to the ladies' team for winning the league for the ....... ? time? and retaining the gnome for us.

August 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

These Welsh Masters meetings are excellent.
The officials and volunteers are brilliant.
Great to see Green and Red vests burning up the track.
I hope their legs aren't burning as much today.
And I hope Norman recovers: He's always in plaster.

August 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM | Unregistered CommenterKevin Jones

Well said Kevin.

Official results can sometimes... take a while to appear on the Welsh Masters' website

August 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies