Old forum > Parc Bryn Bach Aquathon - July 25 th

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has done any of this series of Aquathons - or if anyone might be interested in having a go?
750 m open water lake swim and 5 k run. 7pm on a Thursday night?
I am definitely considering it.
Thanks - Ali

July 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM | Unregistered CommenterAlison Whittaker

i intrested whens this

July 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM | Unregistered Commenterbrian dias

Did some of them a couple of years ago. Good fun, lake swim - bit weedy in places and a 2 lap run. Enjoy!

July 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM | Unregistered CommenterCaroline Dallimore

I agree with Caroline. I've done a few including the last one. The weeds were a bit of a nuisance but the event is well organised and worth doing. I know it is warm at the moment but the water can still be quite cold in Bryn bach parc. Check with the organisors as wet suits (if you haven't got one) may be compulsory. Hope you enjoy.

July 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM | Unregistered CommenterMartin Pinnell

Well - I can report this was a very good event which I really enjoyed. The lake was warm - if full of weeds - and the two lap 5k course very pleasant with good visibility of those ahead (and also those coming up behind). I will definitely plan to do a few of them again next summer - and think it would be more fun with a few other Les Croups faces to follow.
Ali

July 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM | Unregistered CommenterAlison Whittaker

Actually - for what it is worth - there is one more left this season - if any one fancies it - which sadly I cannot make on Thurs 29th August 2013

July 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM | Unregistered CommenterAlison Whittaker

Well done Alison. Glad you enjoyed it.

July 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Hitchen