Old forum > Ladies team - Cardiff Half Marathon

The last few years has brought quite a few speedy recruits to Les Croupiers and it’s been great to see that results in local and national events reflect this. The men proved their dominance at the Castles and I know are keen to get strong teams out to target specific races. Good luck to them!

So now for the ladies. This year, ten women qualified for a championship start at the London marathon. As is often the way, not everyone got to the start line, but on the day, one of our ladies broke 3 hours, another three ran sub 3:15 and two more broke 3:30. That‘s the club’s best results at London since I joined the club in 2004.

Last year five women finished in under 1hr 30 mins at the Cardiff half marathon.
Many Croups runners compete in local races and many may have already entered this one. It’d be great to show our strength as well as depth at the Cardiff half. I’m not sure of the details and haven’t checked out pervious results, but there may well be team prizes as an added incentive (cake/beer money perhaps).

I’m planning to make it to the start line and it’d be really good to see as many of you there as possible!

Happy running all xx.

July 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM | Unregistered CommenterLibby O'Duffy

Great idea Libby. We have some serious contenders to put together a strong team. Seeing as this race is on our doorstep it would be a real shame not to target it. This year it incorporates the British Championships so if you want to compete against the best in the country and see where you come give it a go! Good luck to everyone running!

July 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

I have already entered & it will be my first Cardiff Half wearing a Les Croups vest. Intend to run as fast as my short legs will take me on the day & break through a pain barrier rather than settling for 'comfortable running'. Not likely to break 1.30 but will do my damnest to get as close to it as possible.

Did someone mention cake....

July 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM | Unregistered CommenterAnge Champion