Old forum > Merlin Sportive Results and debrief

Results are in. 19 Les Croupiers competed in this challenging cycle event on Sunday 30th.

DRUID, 50 MILES
Gary Howgate- 3hr 29mins
Malin Falck- 3hr 30
Jemma Sedgmond- 4hr 5 mins
Andrew Sedgmond- 4hr 5
Clare Johnson- 4hr 10

COTHI, 70 MILES
Claire Beatty- 4hr 31mins and now holds the title of first lady!!
Caitlin Pearson- 4hr 32 Second lady
Sasha Macken- 4hr 58

EMLYN, 85 MILES
Brendon Jones- 5hr 12mins.... 12th finisher
Mark Joyce- 5hr 13...15th
David McDonald- 5hr 35
Graeme Donnan- 5hr 42
Heidi Williams- 6hr 43
Sara MacBride-Stewart- 6hr 43
Caroline Dallimore- 6hr 44

MERLIN, 105 MILES
Tom Jeffrey- 6hr 29mins
Craig Standage- 6hr 30
Andrew Davidson- 6hr 30
John Plain- 7hr

It was the first sportive for many of us and we couldn’t have picked a better one to join. The routes were well chosen, I can only describe it as beautifully scenic with extreme undulations. Although roads were open, traffic was minimal and well controlled by the police. There were plenty of friendly and enthusiastic marshals. Well recommended.

All in all a fantastic weekend in Carmarthenshire. As well as the usual abundance of Les C socialness there was also an open water swim session. Thanks to all those who came along and made it a very enjoyable occasion.
Date for the diary.... 29 June 2014
x

July 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM | Unregistered CommenterSasha Macken

Well done all, very impressive. Tempting for next year.

July 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM | Unregistered CommenterAmanda Thompson

i'm in next year

July 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Ash

Sounds like you all had a really good time!

Considering we're on the subject of sportives, the Iron Mountain Sportive (couple of different route options available) is on 13 July in Abergavenny - I did it last year and it was excellent. I'll be doing it again this year, if anyone's interested (link to website below).

http://www.abergavennyfestivalofcycling.co.uk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2:about-the-iron-mountain-sportif&Itemid=93

July 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM | Unregistered CommenterHoward Owen

Shame it clashed with the coaching course. I'm hoping that my entry has been deferred to next year. Having bumped into Craig this morning, it definitely sounds like a diary date. Well done for organising, Sasha.

July 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM | Unregistered CommenterSimon Nurse

Sasha, if there's group accommodation available for next year please put me down for it. Going to have a go at the Druid.

July 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM | Unregistered CommenterAmanda Thompson

Another option for 13th July if you're further west is this baby...
http://www.thewalessportive.com/

...with the added bonus that you can stick around for this the day after...
http://www.thewalesmarathon.com/

:-)

July 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Hitchen

best ride of my life, cheers guys!

July 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterAndrew D

Absolutely fantastic weekend (and I only experienced half of it by arriving on Saturday evening). My first Sportive and one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had. Thanks to everyone for making it so special, but especially to Sasha, our Organiser in Chief!

July 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM | Unregistered CommenterDavid McDonald

Would like to add my thanks to Sasha for suggesting this and for sorting the accommodation. I have never done anything like this and was quite nervous beforehand as I haven't been on my bike in months. I loved it and will definitely be back next year, except next time I will actually train for it!!

July 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty