Old forum > New shoes blistering┬ábadly

Hello all

I was after some advice as I have a shoe predicament. For the last few years I have run in Saucony shoes for overpronators and they have suited me very well. I bought a pair of omni 11's as the continuation of my previous pair of shoes, which gave me wonderful runs

I am now however getting quite bad blisters in the new shoes below the ball of my foot at the start of my arch even after short runs (<6 miles). I can't afford to buy another pair of shoes at the moment so wondered if any Croups had any suggestions as to what I could do? Is it something insoles or some other product might be able to solve?

I will go down to Run and Become where I bought these shoes next week to also have a chat to them about things.

thanks in advance for the suggestions

Daniel

June 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM | Unregistered CommenterDaniel VandenBurg

Just a thought, but your socks might be too loose?

Try a fairly tight thin sock with a thicker sock on top?

Try 1000 mile double skinned socks?

R&B helped me find 'Hilly Monoskins'. Their stock knowledge is extremely good.

June 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM | Unregistered CommenterHoward Kent

thanks for the info Howard. I currently run in Hilly double skinned socks, some of my pairs are older than others so might need replacing.

June 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterDaniel VandenBurg

Popped down to Run and Become this weekend with my newish shoes intact. After spending a long time with the mangeress who looked at the shoes and my running style again I was given an exchange so am now running in some Mizuno Alchemys.

Overall I was very impressed with the staff there, they took quite a long time sorting out my problem and took it seriously. I was pleasantly surprised being offered an exchange for shoes which were already a few weeks old.

Bumped into Aine too which was welcome as I havent been down to the club for a little while now due to work commitments and the heat at 7pm recently.

Overall: well done RnB and I hope my newer shoes treat me better than the last!

July 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM | Unregistered CommenterDaniel VandenBurg