Old forum > Cosmeston road relays - ladies

These relays are on Wednesday 17th July at Cosmeston Park in Penarth, starting at 7pm (so you will need to be there for 6pm or as close to as possible). If you are interested please post below, there will be a charge of £1 per runner. Can you please advise Kirsty, Eirian or Claire of your intention to run by Sunday 14th July at the latest so that teams can be entered. Teams will then be organised into 'A', 'B', 'C' etc. (the limit of the teams being the limit of the numbers entered).

There are some bits of information which help when organising the teams, so can you advise:

1) Availability and which team you would like to run in.
2) Leg preference e.g's 1,3,2 or 2, 3,1 and so on.
3) Any time restrictions (for example, working until 6 cannot get there until nearly 7 or have to be home by a set time).

An e-mail has been sent along these lines and any questions relating to it may be dealt with via e-mail. Please only indicate availability below if you haven't done so directly.

Thanks in advance and have a great race.

June 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM | Registered CommenterEditorial Team

Hi, I might be interested in this but wonder what pace / speed I need to achieve to make the team?

June 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Jones

Claire, Cosmeston is very much a fun, inclusive event into which the club enters as many teams as possible. There is not a set time needed to 'make a team', all are welcome and teams will be entered on the night with the aim of everyone who wants to gettting a run. With this in mind please aim to be there as early as you can on the night, this applies to everyone! Hope to see you there.

June 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM | Registered CommenterEditorial Team

Kewl, thanks. I'm up for this; sounds good.

June 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Jones

Eirian as come up with the teams for this race.
I have emailed out the teams this evening to those running. However, a few of the email addresses that I have rejected the email so please can you all check with Al that he has the correct email address for you.
I also don't have an email address for Claire Jones so can you please give Al Jones the members sec your email, thanks. The people that are running are Katie Beecher, Claire Beatty, Carys Hughes, Jane Coker, Jessica Parry-Williams, Helen Jessop, Cath Tailby, Jo Tucker, Gabriella Maine, Sue Watson, Aine Kenny, Nicky McWilliam, Liz Kirwan, Catrin Rees, Jemma Sedgemond, Jenny Martin, Jodie Williams, Claire Jones, Fran Machin, Angharad Evans, Mal Rowson, Alison Whitaker, Jemma Nurse, Rhian Llewellyn, Nic Poole, Michelle Rivett ,Avril Westren, Jane Ash, Sarah-Lynn Thompson, Eirian Arwyn, Michelle Amblin, Gwen Thomas and Tracy Newman

Obviously I will not be naming the teams on a public forum. We have tried to accomodate everyones requests re: legs but can not guarantee it.
If you have not received my email, it just says that you should be aware the race starts at 7pm for the first leg and we ask that everyone is there before that time, as it makes it less stressful for myself and Eirian to give out the numbers. Remember we are running too so will want to prepare as well!
See you all Wednesday and good luck

July 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

Sorry, I can't run now because I've got to go on a school trip and won't get back until 7.30pm.

July 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM | Unregistered CommenterLiz Kirwan

Hi there, just a note to confirm I will be there as you were unable to contact me by e-mail. CJ

July 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Jones

Thanks Liz and Claire for letting me know. If you don't mind Claire I will get your email off you tomorrow as it is easier for me to do one email to everyone.

July 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

Hi that's fine, but I have sent it to Al and also when I post comments in here there is an option to enter my e-mail address into a separate box, which I have done, so you should get it one way or another. CJ

July 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Jones

Hi everyone

Just to remind you all that it is green and red vests only in the Cosmeston relays. If you don't have a vest yet then Eirian will have some with her that you can borrow if you have not done the 3 races that allows you to qualify for one. If you have done three races (or cosmeston is your third race) then hopefully we will have your size and you get to keep the vest.
See you all tomorrow.
Claire

also Claire I have sorted the dropbox of details with Al so all sorted on that front.

July 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

Well done Claire for putting teams together expertly and for winning medals all round for the ladies teams, as well as for individuals. A great turn out last night, and really good to have new female members take part too. Thanks to Eirian for assisting. The best Comeston Relays ever, good weather and record turn out - lovely atmosphere.

July 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM | Unregistered CommenterAmanda Thompson

Thanks Amanda. You beat me too it with your praise of the event. I want to thank Eirian as she put together the teams, I just oversaw the process. I would also like to thank Amanda and Libby for stepping in last minute to run. Well done to all the runners and congratulations to the winning senior team and to the masters teams that claimed the first and second places in that competition. To everyone that ran I hope you all enjoyed it and even if you think you didn't do as you had hoped remember you are out there doing it and at the end of the day that is just as important. Also I hope this has encouraged you all to join us for the Gwent league cross country where I promise there will be cakes!!

July 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire Beatty

I would just like to congratulate myself on not getting lost and running an extra lap

July 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM | Unregistered CommenterNicky (no longer Numpty) Mcwilliam