Old forum > Les Croups - the best!

Can I just say what a truly wonderful experience it was to be back among Les Croups last week; at the finish of the Castles Relay on Sunday, and then at the club night the following Thursday. Was it really 26 years ago that I left to move to Norwich with my job? It felt as if I'd never been away. Any club is only as good as its members, and that's why Les Croups is the best!

If any of you should find yourself in Norfolk, either competing or just visiting, if you get a chance give me a ring ( 01603 / 716445 or 07706 986 392) as I'd love to see you.

If the club is looking for a new race to visit, the Round Norfolk Relay is held each year in September. It's just a few miles shorter than the Castles, and certainly less hilly, but it would be great to see the Croups colours on show up here in East Anglia.

Thanks once again for two great days last week. I'm already looking forward to the next time.

Dave Amos

June 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM | Unregistered CommenterDave Amos

It was good to see you again Dave at the Castle, and also the running club. Next time your down I hope to have a longer chat ( Don`t leave it so long ) and a few beers with you !!
Will give you a ring if I make it to Norwich one day . Maybe Norwich v City if I can get a ticket (weekend away trip) lol.. Fixtures out 9am tomorrow!!

All the best..............Steve B Lewis..........

June 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve B Lewis

Yes it was great to see you Dave after all this time at the Castles presentation and at the club.Having a chat with you really brought back all the memories.Sitting in crinklies corner on thursday reminiscing was lovely!As you could see the club is thriving at the moment but it is always nice remembering our heyday!All the best Dave and see you in the not too distant future.

June 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM | Unregistered Commenterpaul morris

Yes Dave, when are you coming back for good? I did!

June 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterHoward Kent

Many, many years ago, I was in a car in North Wales, during the Castles, being driven by Dave. I watched curiously, as a large fat spider walked slowly down the side of Dave's seat, over the hand break, and onto Dave's left shoe. I asked casually if Dave liked spiders. He spat out venomously, no. I told him not to panic, but one was just crawling up his left trouser leg! Dave screamed, and the car started to veer alarmingly across the country lane. I told Dave to stop the car immediately. He did, ran out of the car, pulled his trousers down, and smashed the trousers against a farmer's gate, until the poor spider fell out, quite dead. Oh the memories we have of the Castles!

June 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterPhilip Hexter