Old forum > Club family track day 23rd June

SENIOR RESULTS NOW BELOW , JUNIORS COMING SOON.

I know everyone has castles fatigue but this is only 10 days away now! Timetable and details now under 'Latest news'. if you are able to help on the day please let me know here - need timekeepers, entry takers and long jumper measurers, etc. thank you!

i'll be taking pre-entries on Thurs evenings for club members and publicising to parkrunners this Sat so do invite your friends along too.

Rob

June 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM | Registered CommenterEditorial Team

I can be there by 2pm and will probably only compete in one event but am happy to help out for others.

June 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM | Unregistered CommenterAlan Mason

Can you just clarify - the post says prizes for

Les Croups 3000m Championships Senior male, Male vet 50, Senior Lady

What about female vet?

June 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM | Unregistered Commenteramanda thompson

THE BBQ IS ON! RAIN OR SHINE, BURGERS AND HOTDOGS AT £1 EACH! PROFITS TO LES CROUPIERS. THERE MAY ALSO BE CAKES FOR SALE!

June 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM | Unregistered Commenternick 'don't be late' dukes

Rob, I'm confused by the 3000m races . Are there ladies masters prizes? Do the seniors races include all age groups over 18? And are the open races only for people who aren't club members?

June 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt 'hurricane' Hurford

I don't want to push the age issue, but as Amanda has pointed out, is there not a Masters female category for the 3000m/800m etc. ?

June 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane 'Terminator' Coker

Ok i'll try to clarify
1.open races are for non-les croups runners [although croups could run but won't count towards club short championships]. the number of races may change depending on how many people we have who want to run.
2. for past 3 years we've just had Senior male, vet 50 and the one ladies prize, purely based on numbers/level of competition. Last year we began giving out shields which we got engraved for these 3 categories [which incidentally i need back from Jane, Ed and Dave]. I am happy to introduce a Ladies over 50 prize for the 3000m too as it does seem there is more competition amongs the ladies.
3. the 800m hasn't and won't have any prizes attached to it for les croups races or the open races, just bragging rights!

Hope that helps, its an evolving event, this year is first year we've opened it to non-croups in an attempt to pull in more families via our friends and contacts at parkrun. Keep the questions coming, helps me ensure i've thought it all through!

Rob

June 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM | Unregistered CommenterRob 'Supersore quads' Sage

I can help out , not sure what I can do as have never done anything like this before , but am willing to help in any way.

June 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM | Unregistered CommenterSue Watson

Hi Rob,
That's great and explains everything. I can see what you mean, depends on how many ladies are entered, fair comment.
Gutted I have to give back the shield, it's my prized possession. And Bragging rights is enough of a prize in itself !!
Hope the superstore quads are better!!

June 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Coker

Should say 'supersore' lol

June 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Coker

Thanks, Rob. I will be there to help in any way I can. That generally means "gentle encouragement".
Can you fix the weather please. John Griffin is the man to ask - he did a great job last week.

June 16, 2013 at 5:35 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch

Looking forward to Sunday Rob. Will the relay teams be mixed/age groups as in previous years?

June 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Yep, mixed teams as before. thanks Mick, Sue, Jane and all, help on the day much appreciated.

June 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterRob 'Supersore quads' Sage

Sorry Rob.
Just found your earlier thread.
All understood.

June 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Will be taking entries tonight at club and signing up a few more helpers too please!

June 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM | Unregistered Commenterrob sage

Hi Rob,

I can help out as Im going to do the Caerphilly 10km that morning.

June 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM | Unregistered CommenterAine Kenny

Anyone who is off work or even doing the 10k that morning, please still come along, you will enjoy a great track afternoon, BBQ, CAKES, GET HERE!

June 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM | Unregistered Commenternick dukes

Hi Rob,

I'm around Sunday to help out if I can be of any use! :)

June 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM | Unregistered CommenterJodie Williams

Rob - myself, Ben and Martin W will be pleased to assist on Sunday.

June 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM | Unregistered CommenterDave Coles

Thanks for organising and count the Nurse family in for next year Rob - it looks like another commitment will interfere (which give me a whole year to train :).

June 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM | Unregistered CommenterSimon Nurse

Another highly successful afternoon. Some good performances by the adults but of course the kids outshone us all.
Top ranking BBQ by Mr Dukes. Many thanks Rob and all who helped make it happen.

June 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM | Unregistered Commenteramanda thompson

Thanks for organsing the event one and all. It was great to see all the kids and adults running..

well done all.. cannot wait till next year.. big thanks to rob and bbq Nick.

James Bruce

June 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM | Unregistered CommenterJames Bruce

Thanks for organsing the event one and all. It was great to see all the kids and adults running..

well done all.. cannot wait till next year.. big thanks to rob and bbq Nick.

James Bruce

June 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM | Unregistered CommenterJames Bruce

I agree with James, really enjoyable Afternoon. Thanks for all your hard work in organising it Rob, and to everyone who helped out on the day.

June 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM | Unregistered CommenterAlan Mason

Thanks to Rob in particular for making this happen for the third year. It's the one occasion when we see the families competing, which is wonderful. It puts everything into perspective, and reminds us of our own early races. Great to see so much enthusiasm from runners and officials alike. Many thanks too to Nick for the BBQ. Finally a personal well done to Alan Mason on leading from start to finish in his 800 - that always takes some doing!

June 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch