Old forum > Castles Relay Transport ~ are YOU putting LES CROUPIERS teams at RISK!!!!

You should all be aware by now that we have increased the number of entries this year, the number of runners isn't the issue on size, it is the Race Traffic that comes with it. So when the information was sent out to the accepted Clubs they were told that due to the increase we were having to ask EVERY TEAM to reduce the amount for traffic that they were bringing with them, also that if ANY TEAM was deemed to have excessive traffic then this would go against them when considering entries for 2014.

Looking through the replies on the minibus posts there don't seem to be many making use of them. I know those running on Sunday will probably only join up on Sunday, if you are doing this can you please car share? The list of who is running each stage for the 3 teams should now have been sent out, so you can see who else is on your stage or running a stage around yours.

As we have asked other Clubs to reduce their traffic we have to be seen to be doing the same, therefore are YOU putting OUR TEAMS entries at RISK?

June 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM | Unregistered CommenterPhil Cook

Excellent post, Phil. I will be driving up on Friday afternoon, and intend to be on the road for much of the time, so should any members wish to travel north with me on Friday or negotiate around getting to legs generally, please get in touch.

June 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick McGeoch

Paul and myself will be driving up as far as Brecon on Sunday leaving penarth at 10.30 and can pick up anyone who needs a lift at club. Please get in touch we have plenty of room. Apologies for never making use of the transport arrangements, but I suffer from travel sickness, bad news before a race especially on mid Wales roads!!
Mobile Jane 07962001294
Or Paul 07802190673

June 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Coker

The whole point of this post is to get as many runners/supports onto the minibuses.

June 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM | Unregistered Commenternick 'dynamite' dukes

Anyone who hasn't been on the buses before it really can be alot of fun. If you haven't taken part in the Castles before but are running/supporting in some way its a great way to meet other members of the club you would only usually see posting on the forum and actually put names to faces, whilst letting your hair down. I can remember my first year in the Castles (2007) and how much fun the bus trip was. Particularly what was amazing was getting up there on the Friday night and seeing the event unfold minute by minute from the very start. It can't be all that bad, I've volunteered to drive the Friday bus every year since 2007. So c'mon make the most of free travel in a time when virtually nothing is free anymore!

June 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterDavey 'the tit' Proud

Great post Davey could adleast improve you middle name to, 'toon'! I have done some stats on people running and travelling up on Saturday alone. As you know we have 3 minibuses going up by stage 5, plus a additional 4th bus which will be put in were the demand is, don't forget people your club are paying for these buses! These four buses can seat 46 people more than enough for the 3 teams we have running (60 runners). Now I know there are 5 other cars going upto north wales with no more than 2 passengers a piece in each car (a further 20 seats), if you really need to take you car then ok but just think a bit more about the logistics of the event.
ps, this post is perfect for sorting this out!

June 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM | Unregistered Commenternick 'dynamite' dukes

Surely another point Phil is making on this post is to get Sunday runners to car share? We have family commitments,as I'm sure do other runners unable to spend the weekend away. We really need to travel to Brecon by car but the offer is open to take 2 more Sunday runners with us.

June 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Coker

Thanks Jane that's a great help. The real traffic issue is mainly Saturday. Although Sunday is a little better, from Merthyr and onwards there are not really any issues thanks to the A470.

June 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM | Unregistered Commenternick 'dynamite' dukes

No problem Dynamite Nick, the A470 is my friend as I always run leg 16 or 17 !! The Cokers back seat is currently empty so we can take at least 2 more runners.

June 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Coker

Hi Jane,

I'm running stage 17 on the Sunday (Beacons Reservoir), any chance I could have a lift please?

Thanks Mark

June 5, 2013 at 10:25 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Joyce

I'm heading up to stage 15 on Sunday morning, leaving around 8am. Room for 2 more.

June 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM | Unregistered CommenterEd Donovan

May I just remind drivers to clearly display your team number in your vehicles. That will help marshals and officials track who is who. Thanks

June 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM | Unregistered Commenteramanda thompson

Mark,
No problem. We are picking up Jo Tucker at club 10.45 Sunday to get to storey arms an hour before our start. Paul can wait for us in Merthyr.
Ring me to confirm 07962001294
Jane

June 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM | Unregistered CommenterJane Coker