Old forum > Merlin Sportive

Just to prove that I can also do exercise, I have entered the Merlin Sportive and I want everyone else to join me on this excellent cycle event.

Sunday 30 June 2013 . www.merlinsportive.co.uk

There are 4 routes to cycle; ranging from 50 to 105 miles. Each costs just £30 and supports three charities. This area of Wales is particularly scenic, yet undulating.
So far a dozen Les C have entered the Emlyn, a mere 85 miler. I believe we also have a few takers for the 50 mile Druid route. One hardened cyclist is undertaking the full and brutal Merlin 105!!
Race HQ is Carmarthen Botanical Gardens. The routes will have feed stations and are marshalled, but roads are open to traffic. Please look at the website in detail before entering. I have no idea how quick this will sell out, so enter now!
I'll add an element of competitiveness and introduce a few trophy categories to Les C contestants. It goes without saying that I plan to make a weekend of it :-) John, I have studied OS maps and River Gwili is my top choice.

Test your fitness and endurance skills, you know you want to!! x

December 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM | Unregistered CommenterSasha Macken

For those of us doing varying distances.. what is the longest cycle one does for the say 50 miler, 85 miler , 100 miler..
e.g. 50 miler do a 40.
85 miler do a 50..? 100 miler do an 85 ?

curious to figure out a training plan.. and how much can one tollerate in booze the night before and still perform (just kidding!)...

December 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterJames bruce

Hello, just a little update for those of you who may be in the mood for a cycle around Carmarthan at the end of the June.
It is still possible to enter any of the sportive distances. Prices have slightly risen and there is no entry on the day.
Luxury Les C accommodation is secured, so you may be able to squeeze in for a weekend of sunshine, socialness and cycling.
Let me know if you are interested and I can give you more information.
x

June 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterSasha Macken

Would love to join you all but it (unfortunately) clashes with Glastonbury. Besides, I am reliably informed that I'm already too sociable and need to cut it out. :-)

June 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Hitchen

Ah Steve, get your priorities in order!

June 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterAine Kenny

anyone wish to purchase my place of me.. as i cannot cycle.. it is fully transferable..

drop me an email if you do by the weekend
james1973bruce@gmail.com

June 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM | Unregistered CommenterJames Bruce

For what distance are you entered James?

June 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Hitchen

I understand that you can choose your distance on the day.

June 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM | Unregistered CommenterAndrew Sedgmond

Cheers. Have a friend (just the one!) that might be interested.

June 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM | Unregistered CommenterSteve Hitchen