Old forum > Rose Inn

Hi
If anyone is doing this race on Tuesday I am driving with Andy Cleves so have space in my car....saving the environment and all that.
Claire
http://www.chepstowharriers.org.uk/roseinn.htm

May 6, 2010 at 10:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire B

we have space. call us on 20652581. or we could take turns in sharing

May 6, 2010 at 10:52 PM | Unregistered Commenterthe little ones

Claire, I'm running in this, I'm always up for saving the planet etc. I'm doing the time trial tomorrow if you want to sort out the best place to meet then?

May 8, 2010 at 11:17 AM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hurford

Hi Matt, I am happy to drive if you want to join us. I already have Andy, Stu and Katie in my car and you are more that welcome to join us. I will be at the time trial tomorrow so can chat about it then. Claire

May 8, 2010 at 11:58 AM | Unregistered CommenterClaire B

No chance to talk to you at the race, I hope yours went ok, if you ran? Mike Davies was saying something about some possible delays on the M4 near Magor but there is nothing on Red Dragon Travel yet. I'll check tomorrow as well.

May 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hurford

Sorry I did not get to speak to you on Sunday. I am picking Andy up at the Heath Hospital at 5.15 and Stu and Katie on Catherdral Road at around 5.30. Can you make it to either of these places? Or somewhere in between?

May 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM | Unregistered CommenterClaire B

Al Bladen took the slip road off the M4 at Magor late last week and said that there were some delays because of some work on the exit.
Has anyone been passed the exit this week?

May 10, 2010 at 8:56 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Thanks but Heath is too early and cathedral road difficult parking and rush hour traffic. Prob will make my own way. Thanks anyway.

May 10, 2010 at 9:20 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hurford

Talking about congestion, just noticed that half of this year's short course club champs races (6 in total) take place over the next four weeks. Great news for those who so enjoy pollen and 'midgets' ?!!

May 10, 2010 at 11:43 PM | Unregistered Commentertim

No worries Matt see you at the race. As for the traffic/road works I have just driven back from Bristol and there is a large chunk of the motor way undergoing work and the section between junctions 24-26 is closed from 20.00 to 06.00 so will have to detour on the way back from Rose Inn

May 11, 2010 at 2:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaire B

Thanks Claire.

May 11, 2010 at 5:39 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Excellent conditions last night. Good Les Croups turn out. What was it like at the sharp end?

May 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

I love Rose Inn. One of my favourite events. Even though it hurts. A lot.

May 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterLiz Ashton

Just had a look on Chepstow Harriers site - but no results yet - they usually only take a couple of days. As you rightly say, Mike, conditions were good - very little breeze, but it was chilly for the spectators. Lovely atmosphere as usual - grass roots running at its best, and a free pint the icing on the cake. Steve Davies (Belgrave) won the Mens in 19:27 and Hannah Jarvis (now Stockport) the ladies. Sally Hazlehurst was second for San Dom and Libby was 3rd in 25:02 I think. Stu Crees was our first man home in 5th, followed by Ed Donovan and Matt Hurford, both of whom improved by a considerable margin on their 2009 performances. Congratulations to everyone at Chepstow for another great event.

May 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterMick

Probably the least windy conditions out of the 4 times I've run the Rose Inn, great to get back under 23 mins for 4 miles. The free pint afterwards always makes for a long queue, I was queueing to the garden gate when the prizes were given out. Worth all the effort though, the next one is the Tuesday before the castles.

May 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hurford

Matt - Tip, as soon as you finish the race, get your pint in, then do your warm down!!!! Not just a pretty face see ;-) Well run by the way. Flying mate!!

Oh yeah, this has nothing to do with running, but

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterStu C

Hi All,

The Rose Inn results are now available on the Chepstow Harriers website here.

Andrew

May 14, 2010 at 12:47 PM | Unregistered CommenterAndrew R

Stu, hey I might be from Bristol but good luck to the Bluebirds, Cardiff in the Premier League I'd have no complaints. Fairweather supporter me? Not much :)

May 14, 2010 at 6:08 PM | Unregistered CommenterMatt Hurford

Current Short Course positions on - Home Page, Short Course Championship.

May 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Davies

Croups swept the board in the Rose Inn series. I've written up the results and short synopsis - however you will have to login to the new forum to read it.

If you haven't yet registered for the new forum, it's here:

www.lescroupiersrunningresults.org.uk/forum

August 14, 2013 at 10:11 AM | Unregistered CommenterAmanda Thompson